Tranches is a midi-controlled multi-(inputs/outputs) live beat repeat/rearrange/redirect tool !!! It works on Gnu/Linux with the Jack sound server. There's a command-line and a gui version. It is released under the GNU General Public Licence.
- In the latest release:
- easy-to-use fltk gui
- command-line version
- everything can be controlled using alsa midi messages
- multi jack audio inputs (real-time selection of the input)
- uses jack transport to locate beats
- change slice size
- trigger slice repeat with reverse mode
- multi jack audio outputs (real-time selection of the output)
- lash support for session management
- better slice size control
- slice origin control
- manual tempo
- wet/dry midi control
- independent slice tracks
- complex slice scales
- revamped gui
- ladish support
- JACK MIDI
- OpenSoundControl Support
- Latest Release (0.1.1)
- Binary Packages: There are packages available for some distributions (Ubuntu Lucid)
- Source Code: If there are no binary packages for your platform, don't worry, compiling Tranches is not that complicated:
- Download tranches-0.1.1.tar.gz to your home directory.
- Install scons with your favorite package manager or download it here.
- Open a terminal and enter the following commands:
- tar zxf tranches-0.1.1.tar.gz
- cd tranches-0.1.1
- scons -h
- Then follow the instructions.
- Development Version
- svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/tardigrade/tranches